Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Autumnal images & haiku



The harvest came in
with orange and golden hues
October bounty.



Screaming winds cause fear
to sit deep within my heart
October nightmare.


Juicy red apples
cooking in a large kettle
time for applesauce.


A world of beauty
starting to lose its color
autumn's last hurrah.


The queen bee searches
for a hibernation home
the bee needs to sleep.


Walking soundlessly
footsteps masked by fallen leaves
An autumn delight.


Pumpkins on the porch
winter squash ready to be cooked
October bounty.



6 comments:

Chatone Morrison said...

Your haiku are great. I love the visuals to go along with them. Very soothing.

Jeanine Byers said...

Oh, that's beautiful! Last hurrah (so sad) & the comfort of hibernation. Those are the two ideas that stuck with me. But the haikus were beautiful companions for the pictures!

RAAckerman said...

Seven haiku. Not just one.

Alana said...

I especially loved the bee picture. I could feel the tiredness in her heart, no doubt stunned by the cold. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Alice, what stunning photos! And I love your haiku/s. I create quote posters. Would you ever give me permission to use one or two of your photos, with credit given? Thanks for a deliciously diverting post.

Penelope Potty Snooper said...

What a great! Great photos with lovely words. Thanks for sharing your autumn bounty