Monday, February 11, 2008

Too cold...

It's five degrees outside, too cold for humans or, at least, this human. I went outside briefly, just to get my dad's Wall Street Journal. The snow crunched loudly under my boots, and the cold wind bit into my face.
I have already forgotten what the groundhog said, but, today, spring seems very far away.
So... my adventures have to be indoors, for the time being.
One of my upcoming adventures will be a community book discussion at the local public library. The book to be discussed will be To Kill a Mockingbird. This event is taking place in conjunction with an initiative by the National Endowment for the Arts, titled The Big Read. The goal of The Big Read is to encourage more Americans to read literature for pleasure. Events connected with The Big Read began occurring last month and will occur until June. Take a look at http://www.neabigread.org/ for more information about events in your community.
In Buffalo, the Studio Arena Theatre is presenting a play version of To Kill a Mockingbird. It opened on January 29 and continues until February 24.
I am also going to write about the book discussion for the Island Dispatch.
In the meantime, try to stay warm!!!

No comments: