Wednesday, April 22, 2009




On April 19th, I got to have the fun of dressing up and going to the Grand Island Historical Society's annual Victorian Tea, held in River Lea. My companion for the fun event was Julie. We belong to the same book club, and we had gone to a tea party for two book clubs at Serenitea, a cute little tea shop located on Grand Island Boulevard.
As you can see from the pictures, we ate "finger sandwiches," drank tea, and ate yummy desserts. Since I have been fairly good about consuming cholesterol-laden goodies, these desserts were a special treat for me, not an every day event. For that reason, I consumed them very slowly (to make them last much longer!!!)
We were served our tea in bone china tea cups by volunteer servers dressed like Victorian servants. One of the "Victorian servants" was Mary Cooke, a member of the historical society and of the Grand Island Town Board.
All provided delicious tea, a special blend called "Maisie's tea," and smiles.

No comments: