Thursday, January 19, 2017

Dreaming big: my bucket list

Today's topic suggestion from the Ultimate Blogging Challenge was: "What is on your bucket list? Share with your readers something that is on the list of things that you want to do before you 'kick the bucket.'"

I've never actually written a bucket list, so the first thing that is on my imaginary bucket list is to write a bucket list!

Here are some of the things that would go on the imaginary bucket list that I will some day actually write:


  • Write a memoir about some of the long walks that I've taken with such groups as Voices for Creative Nonviolence. I have the journals from the 2008 Witness Against War walk that started in Chicago, Illinois, and ended, seven weeks later, in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
  • Do a one person art show in a public place.

  • Write and illustrate a few children's books about the Adventures of the Bears.
  • Walk the Appalachian Trail.
  • walk on the Erie Canal towpath.
  • Walk the Camino de Santiago (Way of Saint James), from France to Spain.
  • Learn ballroom dancing, such as Argentine tango, cha cha, rhumba, etc.

  • learn how to bake bread.
  • ride a bullet train.
  • fall madly in love.
  • paint a fresco.
  • Visit Machu Piccu and walk the Inca Trail.
  • interview orchid hunters when they are hunting for orchids.
So... what are some of the things on your bucket list? Do share them in the comments section!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Lots of lovely ideas for a bucket list! I don't have one but I think if I did discovering an ancient building or town would be one.

Unknown said...

I don't really have an actual bucket list, but I do have some ideas of things I'd like to do if God gives the opportunity. One of those is visiting Hawaii.

Emma said...

I love this! It made my heart smile. Fall madly in love is definitely on mine too :) Another one would be to record a full length album of original songs and to write a fiction book. Have a great day!

Cerebrations.biz said...

Love your list. And, I've done a bunch of them. Which must be why my bucket list is different :-)

Alana said...

I'm another one who never wrote a bucket list, but I'm thinking of one. My very first bucket item, from my childhood, is still undone - visiting Australia. I've done two of your bucket items, and this weekend, my son told me one of his - to go skydiving. I think a number of my bucket items would be travel - visit Germany and (as wrenching as it would be for me) visit at least one concentration camp site.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Did you paint those picture sure are fun and pretty.
I start some place on my blog a bucket list, and don't know where it is.

Coffee is on

Belugas in VA said...

I have never heard of an Orchid hunter, very interesting. A one person art show sounds fun. I hope you get around to doing that as well as your children's books. I would like to have the patience to balance bread. I have a love hate relationship with yeast.