Tuesday, August 15, 2017

The colors of joy: Monday musings


Today's #Mondaymusing depicts the colors that I find in abundance at this time of year. The colors are bright or muted or a combination of the two.  I am sharing these photographs to remind you to take a five to ten minute break. Go outside and explore what's closest to you. You may be surprised by what you see. You don't necessarily have to travel to find beauty. It's right there, close to you. Often, it is the beauty that's the closest to us that is the easiest to miss.

Small drops of color
like drops of magical paint
bright Rose of Sharon.

Tall plants attract bees
with their softly bright colors
midsummer's day's plants.

Lavender or white
or many other bright hues
summer's cone flower.


Question for you:  what are some of your every day beauties?

3 comments:

Cerebrations.biz said...

I guess I look up more often. So, I find my splashes of color at dawn, sunset, midday, and 3 stars..

Anonymous said...

The beautiful deep brown of my son's eyes.

Corinne Rodrigues said...

Thank you for sharing these beauties with us, Alice.