Friday, January 19, 2018

images of Woods Creek

Over the past few years, I have taken pictures of Woods Creek. I've taken pictures of it full of ice and snow. I've taken pictures of it when the ice had started to melt. Some of these picture depict the waters overflowing their banks. 

winter
On Christmas Day 2017, this was Woods Creek, looking very much like a Christmas card.

The same creek, seen in sepia tones.



This is Woods Creek along the town's linear bike path, completely covered with snow and ice.
After a few days of above-normal temperatures, the ice melted and the creek flooded its banks.


Another view of ice in Woods Creek, no longer filled with snow.


This is another view of Woods Creek, as seen on the linear bike path.

summer
A tree and its reflection in Woods Creek
Another view of a tree and its reflection




3 comments:

Shirley Corder said...

Beautiful pictures of the creek. I love the way it changes moods according to the weather! #Thankful_Thursday

Parul said...

Beautiful pictures and look how the entire surrounding changes with the season. Beautifully captured, Alice!

Alana said...

So familiar to me, this type of scenery. Makes me long for summer.