Tuesday, April 3, 2018

B is for balloon

On Saturday, my search for beauty in likely and unlikely places took me to the public library. While the library is a useful place to visit, is it a place where I am likely to find beauty? Of course, the library is full of books and books will take me to places and times that I can't possibly visit in real life, due to the fact that I am unlikely to do any time traveling. So, I would say that a place that is dedicated to usefulness stimulates your imagination with books and DVDs.


How do you find beauty in the library? Well, the library holds programs for kids and adults. On Friday, I went to take pictures at a program for kids at the library. It featured Checkers, who is dressed in checkered pants. He's a magician. He got the kids enthusiastic about his magic tricks.
His most amazing trick was the balloon trick. He had his magic machine blow up the balloon until it got bigger and bigger and bigger
... and it...
...swallowed him up...

...Checkers became a Giant Yellow Balloon!
It was amazing to see.
And amazing is awesome.
Checkers was an amazingly awesome and beautiful Human Giant Yellow Balloon!

Come back here tomorrow for beauty in the form of the letter C.

8 comments:

Snehal Joshi said...

Lovely post. It filled me with a lot of joy. :) Thank you so much.

Alana said...

Many people don't realize the many services libraries provide. I used to take my son (when he was younger) to these kinds of events from time to time. They are fun for young and old both.

Cerebrations.biz said...

I remember my youngest was brought to a slew of libraries every day. Because that way he had a book reading experience every day of the week. (We lucked out with the world's best nanny!)

Kimberly said...

Yes, balloons. Fun post!

Sreedeep said...

Good one, brought a smile to my face. I'm sure the kids must have been extremely excited to see Checkers turn into a balloon :-)

Jeanine Byers said...

Cute! I used to LOVE to go to the library when I was a kid. I found so many delightful books to read. Now, there is some chemical in libraries that makes me really sick. Just walking in and it starts. So I'll have to be content with memories.

Ashwini CN said...

I am sure the kids were thrilled and it would have been beautiful to watch the expression on those kids’ faces :-)

Unknown said...

It is a beautiful post that I have never seen. Great job and it will be good if you continue.
digital marketing services in india