Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Z is for zanyisms

What a fun challenge this has been! I've spent the month looking for beauty in likely and unlikely places. So I end the A through Z challenge, finding beauty in wackiness. Zanyism means the behavior or quality of being zany or clownish. It's also defined as engaging in horseplay or tomfoolery.


The most hilarious bit of zanyism that I've seen recently was at yesterday's rodeo. It involved a hot dog vender who pushed his cart right up to the middle of the arena.
He said that he was going to make and sell hot dogs. He found an audience member and took an order for a footlong hotdog with mustard.
He then did something with the machine and he opened up the oven and out came the hot dog!
A little dog, wearing a hot dog costume!  I was laughing so hard that I didn't get the picture of the man walking his hot dog. Afterwards, the man discovered that he had cooked two hot dogs. A second little dog poppped out of the oven!


Also, at the rodeo, there was a clown that sat in a barrel in the middle of the field. All sorts of activity occurred around him.
He did silly stuff in the midst of all of that action. The zanyism was impressive. To be able to be that wacky while surrounded by galloping horses takes nerves of steel! #sillyheroes



9 comments:

Jeanine Byers said...

Cute! I am sure I would be laughing, too.

Alana said...

The rodeo clowns I remember from my brief exposure to rodeo when living out in Kansas and Arkansas served a dual purpose - entertaining the crowd but also umping in if a performance ran into difficulty and the performer was in danger. Its a very skilled job in many ways.

MeenalSonal said...

It must be funny series of actions, we can make out from your pictures. And thanks to introducing us to new words.

Cheers
MeenalSonal from AuraOfThoughts

Cerebrations.biz said...

San Diego humor?
But, those clowns serve valuable purposes as well- should something go wrong, they immediately enter the fray.

Lady In Read said...

those hot dogs must have been a total hit - sold-out in seconds!!! totally zany indeed...

Shilpa Garg said...

Sounds like you had a good time :)
And I am yearning for a hot dog, now, even though I have just had my dinner :D

Martha said...

What a fun way to end the challenge Alice! I have so enjoyed your photos and stories and look forward to reading more exciting blogs! See you in July!

Corinne Rodrigues said...

I think that hot dog vendor was really clever! Must have brought the house down.
Glad you had a great A to Z!

Anonymous said...

What's up to every one, since I am actually eager of reading this
website's post to be updated regularly. It consists of nice information.