Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Everything in its season... the Grand Island Farmers Market

Today, I'm starting on a new Ultimate Blogging Challenge. This blogging challenge is held four times a year: January, April, July, and October.
The goal is for bloggers to post daily for the challenge months. 

Today's post is about the month's theme, which is change. Change of seasons and retirement are two of the changes that I will talk about this month, among others.
But today, it's about the change of seasons, an ending, and a beginning. This afternoon, I went to the last of the outdoor market events of the season, held by Grand Island Farms, Inc.
It was a chilly and damp day. The sky was overcast. It felt like autumn. It felt like the end of summertime activities.


The time for the outdoor markets is now past. There are other events planned, including indoor markets,
Christmas tree sales,
and the annual farm dinner (a fundraiser for the farmers' group), scheduled for October 13th. 


Farmer Tom, one of the founders of Grand Island Farms, Inc.,  raises chickens at his Grand Island farm. He also grows corn and other produce. His wife Wendy, along with other members of the family make all sorts of baked goods, jellies, and jams.

"Come to the dinner," said Farmer Tom. "You can sample Tom's terrific pasture-raised young chickens. They will be served at the dinner."









7 comments:

Lady In Read said...

will look forward to your posts as always Alice.... and those jams and jellies look so good.. (Christmas tree sales already?)

pamtheamericandogrunner said...

Ok, now I want to go pick some pumpkins!

Cerebrations.biz said...

Too bad.Farmer's markets are always fun.

Anonymous said...

Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague
who was doing a little research on that. And he just bought me lunch because I found it for him
smile Thus let me rephrase that: Thanks for
lunch!

Anonymous said...

With havin so much written content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright infringement?
My blog has a lot of exclusive content I've either created myself
or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up
all over the web without my authorization. Do you know any ways to
help reduce content from being ripped off? I'd truly appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

This is very fascinating, You are an overly professional blogger.
I've joined your rss feed and look ahead to in the hunt for
extra of your great post. Also, I've shared your site in my social networks!

Anonymous said...

Hello, after reading this amazing article i am also delighted to share my knowledge here with colleagues.