Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Cascades of Fire

On Saturday evening, my friend Joanna and I went to Niagara Falls to watch the Cascades of Fire competition.
This is an international fireworks competition. This year, the competition was held in Niagara Falls, Ontario. This is the first time that Cascades of Fire has been presented in Niagara Falls.
It's fun to sit outside and watch fireworks. It's so much fun that I'm perfectly willing to do so in late autumn, when it's more like sit-by-the-fire and drink-hot-cocoa weather than hang-out-outside-and-drink-sun-tea weather.

All right, so I wore lots of layers, including a parka and snow pants. I'm not a fan of frozen and quiet suffering.
I completed the ensemble by draping a blanket over my shoulders. Yep, Miss Ice Cube was comfortable, despite the weather.


And Team Brazil did not disappoint. The fireworks were exciting and the musical track that went with it made my little heart go pitter patter. 
The performance was so incredibly colorful. Everyone around us seemed to be excited and happy about being there. It was a great way to spend a Saturday evening in the waning time that remains before winter sets in.

NOTE to all who comment: Please keep comment on the topic of fireworks. If you post off-topic comments, they will be deleted. Thank you for reading, and I look forward to your comments about the event.

No comments: