Friday, February 22, 2019

the icy Niagara

The Niagara River never freezes over. It gets full of ice, which flow down the river or hug the shoreline, but the river itself never freezes over.
Today, I went out in search of ice in the river and I found it close to shore. It looked fairly solid although I don't know if I'd want to set a chair on it if I were to go ice fishing.
Since I don't usually step out on ice, especially if I am not sure if its solidness is an illusion or reality, I just stood on the shore and photographed it. 


I walked down a small portion of the beautiful multi-use trail on the west side of Grand Island to find that view of icy water. 
It felt like my happy place: a peaceful place to walk and to watch the water and to remember warm days that had been and will be again.

No comments: