Wednesday, January 1, 2020

New Year, new challenges

Today is the start of a new year! Well, so far, I can't say that I am overly impressed with the year 2020. I expected that, at the stroke of midnight, my eyesight would match the year. But, alas, no. Not quite. Which reminds me. I'd better go and clean my eyeglasses.

All right. Clean eyeglasses are happy eyeglasses. So, since it is the start of a year and a new installment of an Ultimate Blogging Challenge. I am also starting another new challenge this year. Well, I have to admit that I thought about running for president. I figured that, if I ran on a platform of fun, people would flock to it. After all, as Americans, we are very fun-challenged and have been so for three years.

But no. I'm not going to be the first woman president (actually, when I was in high school, I thought that I could someday be the second woman president). Running for president is time consuming and expensive. It requires a thick skin because candidates get insulted. But whatever. Insult away. On the other hand, did I really want to be president? What if I actually got elected? Wouldn't that be like the dog that caught the car? So I rethought that goal... and I decided to do something else instead.

I AM GOING TO WRITE A NOVEL!!! I'm going to begin the process next Monday! It's a new adventure for me. And I want to make it an interactive process, too. So there will be days in which I am going to ask for ideas and suggestions. Stay tuned for that. I'm hoping that we can be creative together and think outside of the box (maybe we can decorate the box). And, in a year, I'm hoping to be the owner of a brand new first draft of a novel!

So, here we go! The challenge has started! Hop aboard and buckle yourself in because it could be a bit of a bumpy ride.

12 comments:

Karen said...

I'm happy to vote for fun...we sure can use some of that in this country these days. Great post and I look forward to seeing how the novel turns out.

Alice's Grand Adventures said...

Thank you, Karen! Maybe the excitement generated by writing can replace the sugar that I plan on giving up during my detox?!!!

Doug Jarvie said...

I'm wishing you all the best that is required to get your book out of your head and into our hands.
Do you know that it is similar to the dog chasing the car, what are you going to do with it when it is completed. Will it be your "big calling card" ?
The harder part may be the marketing of the book.

Anna Maria Junus said...

As a fellow book writer - I commend you and offer you encouragement!

Alana said...

You have a lot of life experiences to draw from, so you'll be off to a good start. Have you ever heard of NaNoWriMo? They have a lot of resources for writing to draw from - it's all free too (you have to join but you don't have to participate in any writing challenges you don't want to do). It's a great support, especially if they have a writing group in your area.

It's hard, novel writing, and I've never progressed past a first draft - but that doesn't mean YOU can't do it. Good luck!

Elisa Heisman said...

Well done! Looking forward to hearing about your book!

Cerebrations.biz said...

What a novel idea- to ask for reader input as you create.

Martha said...

Great to see you back in the challenge again and how exciting to be writing a novel! I can't wait to see your ideas and even help with some input!

Jean said...

Your life would make a wonderful novel If you plan a semi -autobiographical novel, be sure to include some of your art work or do your own illustrations. Looking forward to your magnum opus.

Lady In Read said...

You have a wonderful life with rich experiences to base your novel on so I am looking forward to reading about your writing journey; and love that you plan to make it interactive and now you are inspiring me to get started on my similar dream too...and you will have my vote..

Chef William said...

It sounds like a wonderful idea, write away and ask away and we can all jump in with some possible ideas or twists on your story. Looking forward to seeing how this develops.

Maureen said...

I not only love that idea, but should take a leaf out of your book and start my own story. Or, more to the point, go back to the one I started early last year... the one that has fallen into a heap somewhere. I hope this year will be a good one for us all - and that all our writing goals succeed. Onward and upward - one step at a time. I’ve often wondered why your country hasn’t had a female President? Maybe it’s time...