Friday, January 10, 2020

Relax with music

Today's prompt is to share a video and to make a few comments about that video. So I decided that I would like to share a music video with you.

Music is happiness. It's good for the soul, whether you produce music or listen to it. It encourages creativity and good health. Music with a good beat will motivate us to get up and dance. Music therapy is good for healing people from a wide variety of conditions, and it is soothing for people who have no hope of a cure. I have read that people who suffer with dementia and who have almost no short-term memory left will have no trouble remembering their favorite songs. 

Music is also good for people who experience writers' block. After struggling with the written word for a long time, you might just need to take a break and shift your focus. Kick back and listen to some of your favorite music. Listen to some of your favorite singers and get lost in the music. 

One of my favorite singers is Ella Fitzgerald, the First Lady of Jazz. I love the warm tones in her voice, and I love how she sang runs with such flexibility. Ella Fitzgerald had a gift for skat singing, which is a vocal technique that employs nonsense syllables or no words at all. It is vocal improvisation, with the goal of making the human voice sound like a musical instrument. After I listen to her music, I feel so happy, so relaxed, and so ready to get back to the task at hand. I love all of her songs, including "Black Coffee," "It's Only a Paper Moon," "Blue Skies," and so much more. Today, I am sharing a video of Ella Fitzgerald singing "Cry Me a River." Her expressive voice is absolutely perfect for this song. I hope that you will enjoy this song as much as I do!


In the comments section, please name some of your favorite singers. Feel free to list some of their songs!

2 comments:

Carrie Tripp said...

I love, love, love music. Pretty much every genre has spoken to me in one season or another. However, contemporary Christian music is my go-to genre 97.62% of the time.

Where do you want to go today? said...

That is a great recording. Ella has such a clear voice and the accompaniment nicely balances her sound yet remains in the background by clearly playing to the left and right. It sounds so much better than on the scratchy vinyl or yesteryears.
The sound reminds me of a time when Nancy Wilson was my lay back and relax singer.
Now I use the instrumental sounds of Mark Romero.