Sunday, September 27, 2020

baked pesto chicken thighs and potatoes

 


Today's blogging challenge is "content that delivers results." What sort of content delivers results, I wondered. Well, how about a recipe? Or two recipes. My goal was to make baked pesto chicken thighs and potatoes. The chicken thighs that I am using are skinless and boneless.


So I started by making the pesto. I collected two cups worth of basil from a plant.




The other ingredients that I gathered were a garlic clove, pine nuts, lemon juice, and olive oil, as well as paremesan cheese. I made this in the food processor. It was a quick and easy project. Here is a link to a recipe for pesto: pesto recipe at the love and lemons site.



My second recipe comes from the Allrecipes website. 

At this point, I am going to set the pesto aside.

 
My first task is to get one pound's worth of potatoes and cut them up into small pieces. The next step is to put the potatoes into a bowl. I take some of the pesto and put that on top of and around the chopped up potatoes.


Once that is done, I put the potatoes in the casserole. Also, I preheat the oven at 400 degrees fahrenheit (200 degrees celsius). While the oven is preheating, I take my chicken thighs, open them up, and add the rest of the pesto.

Then, I fold up the chicken thighs, with the pesto inside like a filling. The chicken thighs can be placed in the casserole with the potatoes. After the oven is preheated, the dish can be baked for 28 to 30 minutes. Here is a link to that recipe: recipe for baked pesto chicken with potatoes.


I ate my chicken thighs and potatoes with small tomatoes and homemade applesauce. And after dinner, I had a cup of tea. Why not drink my tea from a bone china tea cup? And so I did. 



4 comments:

Jeanine Byers said...

You have now officially made me hungry for potatoes! The chicken thighs sound good, too. But both my son and I are sensitive to basil, so I can't do the pesto.

Lady In Read said...

while i will skip the chicken, i will do the basil pesto potatoes!!

Martha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Martha said...

OMG I missed seeing the until just now! That looks absolutely amazingly delicious!