Monday, October 5, 2020

Pumpkins galore

 


I've been having fun taking pictures of pumpkins. They used to all be round and orange. Bright orange. So very orange. Now, they can be a variety of colors.

And not necessarily smooth. Some pumpkins look like they got into the poison ivy. For real.

Well, maybe not for real. Who knows? Can a pumpkin get poison ivy? Or is that just a human thing? Back to the bumpy pumpkin. I think that the bumpy skin of the pumpkins looks really cool. Sort of like mutant pumpkin.

Anyway, the pumpkins that I have decorating my home are small and orange and, eventually, are destined to become pumpkin soup. Mmm, pumpkin soup is delicious. I don't know what happens to the oddly colored, misshapen pumpkins. I am sure that they will find homes somewhere. They are definitely conversation pieces. In fact, they could be prompts for creative writing activities. Now that's a thought. Maybe a future blog post will be a creative writing prompt that includes an oddly shaped pumpkin or a mutant pumpkin and other objects (to be determined).



7 comments:

Where do you want to go today? said...

Pumpkin pies, pumpkin loaf, this year we are going for pumpkin tarts. It is all about the whipped cream.
I think they are all part of the squash family and some of them are gourds.
Is there any connection between toads and warts?

Martha said...

That last picture of the pumpkin looks like an octopus! Such beautiful pictures of fall!!

Noner said...

I like the warty looking pumpkins. They are very Halloween. Witch pumpkins.

Cerebrations.biz said...

This is the first year that I have no pumpkins adorning my suka. I guess, given the pandemic, I am less inclined to decorate it this year.

Glenda Cates said...

I love having a Mistaken Pumpkin as a Creative Writing Course I could do with my son. In the meantime I need to get some Pumpkins for my yard. As for Pumpkin Soup nope not for me...

Jeanine Byers said...

I love to see pictures of pumpkins! They are orange, after all. Except for the ones that aren't. :) Those mutant ones, though - not sure what to think of them.

Yvona said...

Thank you Alice for the inspiration! What awesome photos! Pumpkin poison ivy!