Saturday, April 28, 2018

W is for a wacky, wonderful world

Some of the things that I have been seeing since I've arrived in California have been wacky or they've been wonderful or they have been a combination of the two. I have not been able to photograph the great beauty of wacky and wonderful, but it's been a real treat to see it.

One of the things that has proven to be too difficult to photograph is the little lizards that I have seen walking on the side of the house and in the park that I visited today with my lovely family. I must say that I think that the little lizards are adorable. But they move too fast for my camera. I have to retain the image of the little lizards in my head and in my imagination. The kids have been collecting pillbugs. They roll up into a little ball when they are scared and, when a human picks them up, they are scared. Needless to say, a tiny bug rolled up into a little ball does not translate into much of a photo op.

But... there are plenty of things that are wild and/or wacky and that do translate well into photo ops. Here are some of them:

"I am not a chair."

"I have something to tell you."

"Did you know that I am more closely related to grass than I am to trees? But..."

"... lawnmowers don't work for grass this tall!"

"Why does a porcupine cross the road?"

A climbing tree for people who are afraid of heights.

Seen at the park in Santee, California. It's a community project. People paint rocks and then hide them for someone else to find. When you find a rock, you can leave it where it was or you can place it in a new hiding spot.

"My new home!"


Question for you: What are some of the wacky and wonderful things that you have seen lately?

5 comments:

Jeanine Byers said...

Wacky and wonderful, today? My son - we had a great time hanging out tonight. Love your pictures! That climbing tree is perfect for me. :)

Alana said...

Wacky - winter returning (Syracuse will get snow tomorrow). Wonderful - your pictures. I love palms. I must return to visit San Diego again, one day. There isso much out there to see. I hope you get to travel outside the city, too, especially to Julian (if it is anything like it was 20 years ago) and Anza-Borrego, which was 110 degrees when we visited but this would be a much better time, I suspect. Enjoy your trip!

Cathy Chapman said...

I had the delight of have a wacky and wonderful time and Dad's 90th birthday part. People shared memories of him which were wonderful and wacky.

Lily Leung said...

I am not that observant so I haven't noticed any! But I did noticed that you have a change of name. Where did Elaine Therese come from? I thought it was Alice.

Lily

Shirley Corder said...

What a wonderful idea, hiding the stones. I love it! I think the wackiest thing in my life recently has been tackling the A to Z challenge at the same time as facing a book deadline! Crazy! A to Z is over, and here’s the full list of my posts on the topic, “Improve your life, Improve your mind.